.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Takoma Park, Maryland, United States

I'm now a 52-year-old American male raised as an Episcopalian, veteran of submarines, Peace Corps, and State Department. I like teaching people about what they can do with computers and have gotten by as an independent Microsoft trainer teaching networking, but I really hope to someday find a way to make a living traveling on my motorcycle, camping, and writing about places and people I meet along the way.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Links to stories

Symbol Susan -- "Though this be madness..."
ePluribus Media - USA
On Thursday, 11 March 2004, forty-one year old Susan Lindauer -- a former Congressional Aide and reporter -- was arrested and charged with conspiracy, acting ...

Susan Lindauer unfit for trial, judge rules
Anchorage Daily News - Anchorage,AK,USA
... Prosecutors said Susan Lindauer met with Iraqi intelligence officers at places in Baghdad, including Al Rashid Hotel, in 2002, where she accepted $5,000 in cash ...
See all stories on this topic

Judge won't force drugs on accused spy
San Jose Mercury News - CA, USA
Susan Lindauer is accused of conspiring to act as a spy for the Iraqi Intelligence Service and engaging in banned financial transactions with Saddam Hussein's ...

3 Comments:

Anonymous avahome said...

Susan, the first time I read about you was in the NYTimes on Saturday. When I saw your picture......believe it or not, you look like my sister 20 years ago! I am greatly impressed at your tenacity and endurance. How many other women have gone down this road?
Someone on dKos mentioned Martha Mitchell.....boy they did a job on her!

All the best of wishes go out to you and know that you are not forgotten...hope you write a book!

8:41 AM  
Blogger GreyHawk said...

JB -

Thanks for linking to the story Symbol Susan -- "Though this be madness....

I didn't know about you or Susan before writing it; I hope the article does justice to the situation, and is regarded as a fair treatment.

We'd appreciate any feedback.

And congratulations to you both on the newly-regained freedom, even if it is "free on bail" instead of a full exoneration.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Gamine said...

Another link that may be useful for those who might want to read the full text of the judge's decision:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=87544933&blogID=166678612

(Is the decision posted elsewhere? I haven't seen it anywhere else.)

Personally I find this very encouraging. It answers a lot of questions, and it seems clear that forced medication is not something that can be invoked lightly (I have problems that it can happen at all, but that is another story).

This is a very just decision. I hope whatever judge takes up the case next is equally fair-minded. I am hoping that this takes things in the direction of charges ultimately being dismissed.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home