.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Takoma Park, Maryland, United States

I'm now a 52-year-old American male raised as an Episcopalian, veteran of submarines, Peace Corps, and State Department. I like teaching people about what they can do with computers and have gotten by as an independent Microsoft trainer teaching networking, but I really hope to someday find a way to make a living traveling on my motorcycle, camping, and writing about places and people I meet along the way.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

This just in... I think from Susan's lawyer

Exactly what kind of a lawyer thinks the general public is under any obligation to keep such threats private? I did not solicit the communication and did not agree that anything I received would be off the record. Where does he get off?

For the record, the envelope these came in provided instructions as to what to do if she did not come back from Carswell... in her handwriting. Not that I'm under any contract or obligation once they've been provided to my possession. I have redacted SSN#.


"
Mr. Fields,
It has come to my attention that you have posted some of Susan Lindauer's psychiatric records online. As you are aware, these are very private records which contain highly personal information regarding past diagnoses and medication. Making these records public, without written authorization to do so, is ill advised. Furthermore, the document I was able to view contains Susan's name, date of birth, and social security number. Publicly posting this information puts Susan at risk for having her identity stolen.
Having this highly sensitive information made available for public scrutiny, especially without her consent, is not in Susan's best interests. Therefore, I must demand that you remove the medical records immediately.
Additionally, you do not have permission to post or print any portion of this communication as it is off the record. Feel free to contact me at the number below with any questions.
John N. McPadden, Esq.
Talkin, Muccigrosso & Roberts LLP
40 Exchange Place, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10005
T - (212) 482-0007
F - (212) 482-1303

"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home